Zoom Map -
Google Street View
Furthermore, in the vicinity of our apartments, you will enjoy your free time with countless activities:
- Hiking. We are enclosed by three nature reserves: Sierra de Grazalema Nature Reserve with the “Pinsapar” (Spanish fir forest), Sierra de las Nieves Nature Reserve with the highest peak of the province, El Torrecilla (1919 m), and the Natural Park of “Los Alcornocales”.
- Speleology. The speleological system of “Hundidero-Gato” and the deepest pothole in the world, “Sima Gesm”.
- Via ferrata trails. On the ledge of the famous Tajo de Ronda, among others.
- More activities to enjoy outdoors.. Climbing, paragliding, air balloon rides, MTB routes, buggy tours, horse riding...
Do you like to drive on secondary roads with your car? We recommend you some awesome routes:
- Sierra de Grazalema Natural Park route. As a point of interest, we suggest you the “Puerto de las Palomas” mountain pass if you are heading from Grazalema toward Zahara de la Sierra or vice versa. You will contemplate the stunning sights of these lovely villages. Tourists love them!
- Tour of “Pueblos Blancos”. To mention just a few of them: Setenil de las Bodegas, known by its house-caves. Olvera, with its nature reserve that accommodate and harbor one of the largest colonies of griffon vultures in Europe with access to the Vía Verde de la Sierra (an old route originally laid out for a railway line which was never built). Nowadays, it is a cycling and hiking route.
- Route of the Chestnut trees. On a high and steep valley between Ronda and Costa del Sol, you will enjoy with this route of extraordinary beauty thanks to the changeable coloring of the chestnut trees and the small white towns of “Pueblos Blancos”; except Júzcar, the picturesque blue village of “The Smurfs”!
- Tour of “Valle del Genal”. If you plan to visit Gibraltar (110 km away), you should visit this beautiful spot, an ancient meeting point for smugglers and bandits. On your way to Gibraltar, between the towns of Atajate and Gaucín, you will be impressed with astonishing views of the Strait of Gibraltar and Africa. The Genal river, with its fresh and clear waters, gives its name to this great natural beauty spot.
- Ruta del Valle del Guadiaro. The railway track in its way from Ronda to the city of Algeciras goes throughout the banks of the river which gives its name to the valley, which goes past the canyon of “Cañón de las Buitreras” to the train station of Gaucín. “Cueva del Gato” or the Cat Cave, "Cueva de la Pileta" (one of the most important caves in Spain for its cave paintings), the villages of Benaoján, Montejaque, Jimera de Líbar and Cortes de la Frontera, among others, with its kind inhabitants and landscapes, are just some of the main appeals you will find in this beautiful journey.
Here are some links that may be of interest.
The weather in Ronda